Sunday, February 10, 2008

God's redemptive work in my story...

I remember the days of simplicity
Days of innocence, living carefree
When we were young,You picked on me
I yelled at you ‘cuz that’s what kids do!

Those sweet days of trust were shattered
Life moved on in a whirl of busyness
We grew up
Grew in character and interests
By Grad everything changed
A new life began, each of us scattered

Through deepest valleys I’ve trudged on through
Atop of mountainous peaks, my eyes have seen you
This heart has broken a time or two,
Dry from tears fallen and caught by you

You’ve gifted me, blessed, tried and tested
In my homeland or somewhere foreign
Yet I struggle to know your purpose
My eyes are dimmed to your light
All I know is you hold me in the dark
You take my hand and lead me out of night

No comments: