Sunday, February 10, 2008

and then one day my prince came...

Incredible- By Melissa Good
Written for Kevin Derksen
Sept.16.07

We’re diving into this incredible
And wild realm
Incredible!
Out of the whole world,
Two pieces of the puzzle go together
Frustrated!
I’ve tried to put others in that place
They weren’t meant to fit
My heart was not for them

When you take my hand
You melt my insides
Your arms securely around me
I’m yours
It’s incredible to love someone,
To be with you is pure joy

I want to smile and cry at the same time
I can’t believe this is happening to me
I’ll wake up, just wait and see
Are we both full of such feelings of inadequacy?

I can’t look at your eyes
For fear that mine will betray me
I may linger and never move
As I admire that ‘mystical’ blue
What if I said, “I love you”
Do you love me too?
How do we know if it’s really true
I trust you, respect you, support, adore,
I’d give my life for you.

Incredible that God has given you to me
So many things I have yet to learn and see
God show us what love is, how to love purely,
A love that protects, trusts, perseveres and never fails.

No comments: